I finished the
fabric shade project in my bathroom. It's so cute! I just reused the fabric panels I had hanging in my bedroom at the last place we lived. Total investment - $3.67. I'm thinking about putting a backing on the shade, but it's not a priority since the window looks out into the backyard. I need to buy the right size mini blinds for the kitchen and think about a fabric. Currently, I have a dark red/brown/coffee theme in the kitchen. I'm tempted to bring the black and white dining room palette into the kitchen, too. That would involve new rugs, though, and I don't want to spend money on those kinds of things right now. The fabric shade project is so cheap and easy that I might not mind redoing them when I can afford to redecorate. I do have some really cute floral black and white fabric, though...
I figured out why Jenny said not to use hot glue - if you touch the gun to the blinds, they will melt. It did the trick as long as I was careful. Another tip - at first I didn't realize that you have to remove ALL of the strings EXCEPT the pully ones. Take off all the strings and blinds, then figure out how many you need. The hardest part is keeping the blinds straight when you glue. The finished product is surprisingly forgiving. Now that I know what I'm doing, I'm guessing the entire project could be completed in 30 minutes. No joke! You can do this. And when you do, I want to see pictures.

I need to fix the bottom corners, but I like it!

How cute! I plan on trying my luck at this today. I'm making mine out of brown fabric for my bathroom too. Thanks for your pics!
ReplyDeleteSherry @ A Happy Valentine