Monday, August 2, 2010

Running

I'm going to deviate from the norm and post some workout results. I don't want to make a habit of it, but it's just too easy to use my blog to record my workout progress. My treadmill has a calorie counter. I don't know how it calculates calories burned, but I'm guessing it's set to record the average calories burned for the averaged weight adult. My best guess is that's around 150 or 160 lbs. In other words, I burn fewer calories than it tells me I have. I decided to walk/jog/run until I burned 100 calories, according to the machine. Then I took a break. I repeated this until I burned 300 calories. I think my total distance was around 2.75 miles. And I think it took me slightly more than 30 minutes. In other words, I'm not pushing myself hard enough. Ideally, I should be running 3 10-minute miles. That's my new goal. That means I need to keep my rate up to 6 mph. I'm going to shoot for that tomorrow, taking a break between each mile.

I didn't get much face time with my husband this weekend. He spent most of it in the lab or in the study room. I'm glad he's finding the time to get on top of things. Hopefully, he'll figure out a balance soon. Part of me is slightly jealous that he has things to study. I'm excited to start my classes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment